Village of Orwell
BEHAVIORS OF AN AGGRESSIVE DRIVER
- Running stop signs and red
- Speeding, tailgating and
weaving between lanes
- Passing on the right of a
- Making inappropriate hand and
- Screaming, honking the horn and
WHAT TO DO WHEN CONFRONTED BY AN
- Make every attempt to safely
move out of the aggressive driver's way.
- Do not challenge an aggressive
driver by speeding up or attempting to "hold your own" in the
- Always wear your seat belt -
not only will it hold you in your seat and behind the wheel in
case you need to make an abrupt driving maneuver, but it will
also protect you in a crash.
- Avoid eye contact with the
- Ignore gestures, and refuse to
- Report aggressive drivers to
the appropriate authorities by providing a vehicle description,
license number, location, and if possible, direction of travel.
- If you have a cellular phone,
and can use it while driving safely, call the police. Many have
special numbers such as 9-1-1 or #-7-7.
- If an aggressive driver is
involved in a crash further down the road, stop at a safe
distance from the crash scene, wait for the police to arrive,
and report the driving behavior that you witnessed.